Andonovski Names 23-Participant U.S. Ladies’s Nationwide Group Roster For Concacaf W Championship In Mexico
CHICAGO (June 13, 2022) – U.S. Ladies’s Nationwide Group head trainer Vlatko Andonovski has named the 23-player roster that can constitute america in Mexico on the 2022 Concacaf W Championship, an eight-team match at which berths to the 2023 FIFA Ladies’s International Cup and the 2024 Paris Olympics are at stake.
Andonovski additionally named 3 further avid gamers who shall be part of a 26-player BioSteel Coaching Camp for the 2 fits towards Colombia previous to the staff’s departure for Mexico and can title 23 avid gamers from the ones 26 to fit up for every of the fits towards Colombia. The primary fit, offered via Allstate, will happen on Saturday, June 25 at Dick’s Carrying Items Park in Trade Town, Colorado (7:30 p.m. ET / 5:30 p.m. MT on FS1 and ViX) and the second one at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah on Tuesday, June 28 (10 p.m. ET / 8 p.m. MT on ESPN and ViX).
4 avid gamers at the 26-player roster hail from Colorado and shall be competing for mins in entrance in their place of birth crowd in midfielder Lindsey Horan (Golden) – who’s recent off serving to Olympique Lyon win its file 8th UEFA Ladies’s Champions League name in addition to securing the French Department 1 Féminine name — midfielder Jaelin Howell (Windsor) and forwards Mallory Pugh (Highlands Ranch) and Sophia Smith (Windsor). As well as, first-time call-up Taylor Kornieck used to be a standout midfielder on the College of Colorado in Boulder.
Ahead Ashley Hatch used to be a celebrity ahead at Brigham Younger College in Provo, Utah and in the second one pleasant shall be competing for mins on the identical stadium – Rio Tinto – by which she earned her first USWNT cap as a school senior 2016.
“Since we have been remaining in combination in April, we’ve been comparing a large number of video games and hours of video and feature had intensive conversations some of the training group of workers to reach at this 26-player roster for the Colombia video games and the general 23 for qualifying,” stated Andonovski. “As standard, the avid gamers don’t make those choices simple, however we really feel this can be a roster that may accomplish all of our objectives over the 4 weeks we will be able to be in combination for what we are hoping shall be seven a success video games.”
U.S. Ladies’s Nationwide Group Concacaf W Championship Roster via Place (Membership; Caps/Targets):
GOALKEEPERS (3): Aubrey Kingsbury (Washington Spirit; 1), Casey Murphy (North Carolina Braveness; 4), Alyssa Naeher (Chicago Pink Stars; 80)
DEFENDERS (7): Alana Cook dinner (OL Reign; 9/0), Emily Fox (Racing Louisville FC; 13/0), Naomi Girma (San Diego Wave FC; 1/0), Sofia Huerta (OL Reign; 12/0), Kelley O’Hara (Washington Spirit; 152/2), Becky Sauerbrunn (Portland Thorns FC; 202/0), Emily Sonnett (Washington Spirit; 65/0)
MIDFIELDERS (6): Lindsey Horan (Olympique Lyon, FRA; 109/25), Taylor Kornieck (San Diego Wave FC; 0/0), Rose Lavelle (OL Reign; 71/20), Kristie Mewis (NJ/NY Gotham FC; 38/5), Ashley Sanchez (Washington Spirit; 7/2), Andi Sullivan (Washington Spirit; 27/3)
FORWARDS (7): Ashley Hatch (Washington Spirit; 8/4), Alex Morgan (San Diego Wave FC; 190/115), Mallory Pugh (Chicago Pink Stars; 72/23), Midge Purce (NJ/NY Gotham FC; 14/3), Megan Rapinoe (OL Reign; 187/62), Trinity Rodman (Washington Spirit; 3/1), Sophia Smith (Portland Thorns FC; 15/4)
Further Gamers for June Friendlies Roster vs. Colombia (Membership; Caps/Targets):
DEFENDERS (1): Carson Pickett (North Carolina Braveness; 0/0)
MIDFIELDERS (2): Sam Coffey (Portland Thorns FC; 0/0), Jaelin Howell (Racing Louisville: 5/1)
Those rosters mark the go back of 2 of america’s maximum adorned veterans in forwards Alex Morgan (190 caps/115 objectives) and Megan Rapinoe (187/62), either one of whom have two International Cup titles and an Olympic gold medal on their resumes and either one of whom remaining performed for america in October of 2021. Group captain Becky Sauerbrunn additionally returns after having ignored the April friendlies whilst getting better from a knee harm. Sauerbrunn, with 202 caps, Morgan and Rapinoe are via a ways essentially the most capped avid gamers at the roster. International Cup and Olympic veteran defender Emily Sonnett additionally returns after lacking the April friendlies because of a rib harm suffered within the NWSL.
Morgan made her USWNT debut at Rio Tinto Stadium again in 2010 whilst Sauerbrunn and defender Kelley O’Hara (who’s the fourth-most capped participant at the roster with 152 video games performed) prior to now performed for the Utah Royals within the NWSL.
Those are the 1st complete Nationwide Group callups for defender Carson Pickett, midfielder Sam Coffey and Kornieck, even though all have performed for america on the formative years ranges. Pickett is the 1st participant with a limb distinction ever referred to as in to the U.S. Ladies’s Nationwide Group. The 28-year-old used to be born with out a part of her left arm.
Will have to there be any accidents that necessitate adjustments to the CWC roster, Andonovski can make a selection any participant on america’s 59-player initial roster that used to be introduced via Concacaf on June 8. Groups could make harm replacements on their Concacaf W Championship rosters as much as 24 hours prior to their first fits. For america, that may be July 3.
Following the 2 fits towards Colombia, the U.S. staff will leave without delay to Mexico to organize for the Concacaf W Championship, which can run from July 4-18 and shall be performed fully in Monterrey. The match’s 16 fits shall be break up throughout two stadiums: Estadio Universitario and Estadio BBVA, the latter of which is certainly one of Mexico’s most probably venues for the 2026 FIFA International Cup.
The United States used to be drawn into Staff A and can face Haiti on Monday, July 4 at 6 p.m. native (7 p.m. ET), Jamaica on Thursday, July 7 at 6 p.m. native (7 p.m. ET) and Mexico on Monday, July 11 at 9 p.m. native (10 p.m. ET). The Semifinals will happen on Thursday, July 14 with the 3rd-Position Fit and Championship Sport being hung on Monday, July 18. All of the fits of the match shall be to be had in English on Paramount+ and in Spanish on TelevisaUnivision’s streaming provider ViX. The United States’s opening fit towards Haiti can also be broadcast on CBS Sports activities Community.
The highest two finishers in every team after round-robin play will advance to the semifinals whilst incomes International Cup berths. The third-place finisher in every team will earn a berth to the 10-team inter-confederation playoff match that shall be held in February of 2023 to come to a decision the general 3 berths to the expanded 32-team box on the 2023 FIFA Ladies’s International Cup.
The match winner can even get an automated berth to the 2024 Olympics in Paris whilst the second one and 1/3 position finishers will play off in September of 2023 for Concacaf’s 2d and ultimate Olympic berth. The match winner and the Olympic qualifier by means of the playoff collection can even qualify without delay to a brand new Concacaf festival, the 2024 W Gold Cup.
Tickets for each video games towards Colombia are on sale at ussoccer.com/tickets. Coaches Circle and Presidents Circle participants supporting the U.S. Football Construction Fund can obtain person buyer toughen and concierge services and products for his or her ticketing wishes. Click on right here or touch [email protected] for more info.
The fit in Colorado is last in on a capability crowd. U.S. Football has roughly 1,000 tickets final to promote for the fit.
Tickets for all fits of the Concacaf W Championship to be held in Monterrey, Mexico are on sale by means of Concacaf: https://www.concacaf.com/concacaf-w-championship-tickets
- Simply 10 of the 23 avid gamers at the Concacaf W Championship roster have revel in in International Cup and Olympic qualifying. The opposite 13 avid gamers gets the chance to make their Concacaf qualifying debuts on the senior stage.
- 8 avid gamers at the Concacaf W Championship roster have been at the USWNT’s roster for Olympic Qualifying in 2020: Lindsey Horan, Rose Lavelle, Alyssa Naeher, Kelley O’Hara, Megan Rapinoe, Becky Sauerbrunn, Emily Sonnett and Andi Sullivan.
- 9 avid gamers in this 12 months’s 23-player roster have been part of america’s 2018 International Cup Qualifying roster, with Alex Morgan and Mallory Pugh becoming a member of Horan, Lavelle, Naeher, O’Hara, Rapinoe, Sauerbrunn and Sonnett.
- Megan Rapinoe leads the squad with a blended 23 appearances in qualifying occasions – 14 International Cup Qualifying appearances and 9 Olympic qualifying appearances. Alex Morgan has 20 qualifying caps (11 International Cup and 9 Olympic) whilst Becky Sauerbrunn has 18 (8 International Cup and 10 Olympic) and Kelley O’Hara has 16 appearances all-time for america in qualifying (six International Cup and 10 Olympic).
- Morgan has a complete of nineteen objectives in her 20 qualifying appearances, 10 of the ones coming in International Cup qualifying, which is tied for fourth-most in staff in historical past.
- Morgan has scored 9 objectives in Olympic qualifying (1/3 maximum at the back of Abby Wambach and Carli Lloyd), and Horan has seven. Horan led america in scoring with six objectives all over Olympic qualifying in 2020.
- Kelley O’Hara and Becky Sauerbrunn lead the squad with 10 Olympic qualifying appearances every, and certainly one of O’Hara’s two occupation objectives got here in Olympic qualifying. Lindsey Horan, Morgan and Rapinoe all have 9 Olympic qualifying appearances.
- The Concacaf W Championship roster options 5 avid gamers with 100 or extra caps – Sauerbrunn, Morgan, Rapinoe, O’Hara (152) and midfielder Horan (109).
- Conversely, the CWC roster options 13 avid gamers with 27 caps or fewer, together with 8 in unmarried digits: Alana Cook dinner (9 caps), Ashley Hatch (8), Ashley Sanchez (7), Casey Murphy (4), Trinity Rodman (3), Naomi Girma (1), Aubrey Kingsbury (1) and Taylor Kornieck (0).
- Girma and Kingsbury made their world debuts in america’s most up-to-date fit vs. Uzbekistan on April 12 whilst Rodman scored her first world function in that very same sport in Chester, Pa., turning into the youngest participant to attain for the USWNT since 2018.
- Sauerbrunn is the oldest participant in this roster at 37 years of age whilst the now 20-year-old Rodman is the youngest.
- Morgan, Rapinoe and Sauerbrunn have been at the U.S. staff that remaining performed in a International Cup qualifying match in Mexico. That used to be in 2010 when america misplaced its handiest fit to Mexico, which came about within the semifinal in Cancun. That loss compelled america to win the 3rd-Position Fit after which the two-leg playoff vs. Italy to qualify for the 2011 FIFA Ladies’s International Cup, a match by which america complex to the Ultimate prior to falling in penalty kicks to Japan.
- Of the 26 avid gamers referred to as in for the camp in June, seven are of their 30s whilst 10 avid gamers are age 25 or more youthful.
- Despite the fact that she didn’t make the general roster for the 2018 FIFA Underneath-20 Ladies’s International Cup Group, June friendlies call-up Sam Coffey did assist america qualify for that match and completed her U-20 occupation with 14 caps and one function. She additionally hung out in camps with the U.S. U-18s and U-19s and traveled to Spain with the U.S. U-23s in 2019.
- When she performs, midfielder Taylor Kornieck will turn into the tallest box participant in USWNT historical past at 6-foot-1. She and goalkeeper Casey Murphy, who may be 6-1, are the tallest avid gamers in staff historical past. Murphy returns to the roster after being unavailable for variety for the April fits because of a knee harm.
- Kornieck has revel in in coaching camps with the U.S. U-18s, U-19s and U-20s. She has two U.S. U-19 caps and 5 caps with the U.S. U-18s. Kornieck is the first-ever USWNT call-up from Las Vegas.
- Pickett has revel in with the U.S. U-17s WNT in 2010 and performed with the U.S. U-23s in 2015.
- Of america’s 23-player CWC roster, seven avid gamers (30%) have been referred to as up from the Washington Spirit. The NWSL membership with the following maximum is OL Reign with 4.
- 8 of the 12 NWSL golf equipment are represented in this roster, together with 2021-22 UEFA Ladies’s Champions League winners Olympique Lyon.